It’s been quite a while since my last post, but life has been running at the same rate as Speedy Gonzales. It has been crazy to say the least. I wish I had the patience to sit and write every mundane detail of my life, but let’s be real, I’d be bored to tears and so would you. So I’m skipping ahead to the exciting stuff. Less than a month ago, we went snowboarding with our besties up at Sunrise and had a blast. Renee hurt her knee the first day, but she was a trooper and even tried skiing again the second day. We went to a restaurant called Charlie Clarks for a steak dinner, which led me to write my first review on yelp.com, as we had the worst service known to man! Our motto and favorite thing to yell randomly for the rest of the trip was “F-YOU, Charlie Clarks!” We’re classy folks, no need to remind us.
Despite our exhaustion after skiing/snowboarding all day Saturday and Sunday and me being forced to go down a ridiculously steep green run, only to cry my eyes out once I got to the bottom (I can thank my loving husband for that), we were planning to look at 10 houses with our realtor on Monday. We hadn’t looked at any other houses at that point and really just wanted to get an idea of what was available. I don’t know if we should attribute it to our impulsive behavior, but we found the house of our dreams and put an offer on it that night. I justified the fast response by repeating to Brian and anyone who would listen over and over, that we looked at the best options in our price range that fit all of our criteria and we found our favorite. It’s not like looking for a wedding dress, where you can look forever because there are a million options out there. Our options were more limited based on our expectations and cost. Maybe I was just trying to convince myself, but I digress.
Luckily, we have the greatest realtor ever. His name is Jim Carlisto and works for Remax. He sold my parents home last year and has worked with quite a few of our close family friends. I also know his son, James because we used to cheer together back in the day. James is the one who actually showed us the homes and he has been really helpful with the whole process. We have been totally clueless since this is our first time purchasing a home, but it’s been a relatively easy process. I’ve determined that when I act like a helpless damsel in distress, people take pity on me and start talking to me like I’m 5. I should probably take offense, but let’s be real, if that’s what it takes to get me on the right page, we gotta do what we gotta do.
We are finally on the home stretch and it’s only been 3 weeks since we started the process. The inspection revealed only a couple minor issues and the appraisal went great. Now it’s just a matter of getting all of the underwriting done (whatever that means) and some other paperwork stuff, then we are scheduled to close March 20th.
Excited isn’t the right word to describe how we’re feeling about getting the heck out of our apartment and finally having a place of our own. We’re absolutely elated! We have packed up the majority of our apartment already and we spent all weekend looking at furniture stores, making a list of all of the improvements we want to do, then prioritizing them and listing the costs. More than once I’ve had to sit down and put my head between my legs because the thought of all we want to do is a bit overwhelming. At that point, Brian pats me on the back and reminds me that we don’t have to do it all at once.
On another note, I made another attempt to be a good, domestic wife by baking my first meat loaf. Let’s just say I touched the gross raw ground beef with my bare hands for no reason. Our oven apparently sucks, at least that’s what I’m blaming it on because I cooked it 30 minutes longer than the recipe called for and the freaking thing was still pink inside. Thanks goodness there is a Wendy’s across the street. If there was an award for most kitchen dinner screw ups, I’d have a whole shelf filled with the trophies. It’s a good thing my husband loves me for more than my ability to make a home cooked meal. It’s my Halo playing skills that sealed the deal. Infinity Slayer!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.