Thursday, January 3, 2013


Ok, so I realize this comes a few days too late, but I wanted to recap 2012 and list my top 10
highlights (in no particular order)!


1. The Hunger Games

I’m basically obsessed with the books and movie. This is one of those rare times where I feel like
the movie did the book justice. I loved the outfits and the characters. My favorite part is when the
countdown for the games has finished and all of the tributes are sprinting in different directions,
picking up supplies and killing each other. It sounds chaotic and gruesome, but I felt a certain
amount of calmness because the whole scene is muted. It feels real, while shielding the viewers.
It’s a great movie and I suggest starting with the books, but at the very least, rent it on Redbox.
PLEASE. It will change your life. 

2. New Job

My dad worked for Salt River Project, a power utility in our area, for a huge chunk of his
professional career, but in October of 2011 he took an amazing job in Rochester, MN with another
utility. This past January, I decided to carry on the Mitchell tradition and started in the customer
service department. It is an amazing company to work for and I’m blessed to have a great job with
good benefits. I feel like a grown up! 

3. Minnesota
      

In August I decided to head out to Rochester, MN to visit my parents for the first time. The
weather was amazing, but my favorite part (other than spending time with my parents) was seeing
the difference in the style of homes. There aren’t cookie cutter homes like I’m used to seeing in
the East Valley. The land is hilly and some people’s backyards are the woods. It’s a different pace
of life and it was neat to experience something so different. My parents picked a really neat 
location to live. 
Then in November, Brian and I took our first plane ride together to visit them for Thanksgiving.
The high at one point was 17 degrees and I kind of wanted to cry, but we had a fun time bundling
up and standing outside of Target for the black Friday sales. Also, the Mall of America is amazing. 
4. Shooting a gun

When visiting my parents in MN, my dad took us to a shooting range and I was able to shoot a
gun for the first time in my life. Don’t ask me what kind it was, because I have no idea. All I know
is that I was a terrible shot when I had to stand and hold the gun. Apparently I don’t quite have
the muscles necessary to hold the gun up, let alone keep it steady. But I still managed to hit the
target, so I think that makes me a pro, right?  

5. Griffyn

In May, we adopted the most adorable Brussels Griffon puppy, whom we named, Griffyn Leigh
Crosby. She is a pistol and can run like Speedy Gonzales, but she is a sweet little cuddle bug and I
love her to pieces. 
6. New place
Since my parents moved to MN, I was forced to grow up and find a place of my own. Brian and I
found a cute little apartment in Chandler and although it is small and feeling smaller by the
minute (boy, I can’t wait to move into a house), it has been a great 1st place. 

7. Buying a car

I had to make another grown up decision because my junky Volkswagen kept breaking down. So
after a lot of research and dealing with more than one scumbag dealership salesman, I bought a
cute, white Saturn Vue. 
8. Paying bills (I know, I’m a weirdo)
Since my parents kicked me out onto the streets when they moved, not only did I have to find a
place of my own, but I had to start paying bills on my own. Sucky, right? WRONG! The first of
every month is the best day because I get to pay bills. I know it seems crazy and of course I don’t
like to see my bank account decrease, but I get some weird satisfaction when I pay bills. I
genuinely enjoy it. 
9. Six flags honeymoon

One of my favorite things to do on this earth is ride roller coasters! The rush that comes from the
fear of possibly flying off the ride and falling to my death really can’t be duplicated. My husband
doesn’t share the same enthusiasm. We went to Magic Mountain on our honeymoon (it was
romantic, I swear) and I made him go on Lex Luther’s Drop of Doom (I’m not sure that’s the exact
name, but you get the point) which is essentially a ride that takes you ridiculously high, makes
you sit there above the park for what seems like 3 ½ hours, then drops you straight down toward
the ground. I laughed until I cried and I’m pretty sure my husband wet his pants. Ok, I’m kidding,
but he hated every second of it. ;)

10. Wedding

Last but not least, the most incredible and memorable day of my life! I finally married the love of
my life on 10/10/12, which was our 2 year anniversary. The highlight of the day was seeing my
husband cry for the first time when I walked down the aisle toward him. I’ve never experienced a
more special moment. What a blessing to know I’ll get to spend the rest of my life with my best
friend and the man of my dreams!

2012 was good to me and I sure can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for my new little family. :) 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.