Wednesday, November 28, 2012

You'll shoot your eye out.

I should probably start off by saying, if you're reading what is my attempt at a somewhat entertaining blog, I appreciate it and probably owe you a drink just for stopping by. I want to document all of the craziness that has been my life since I half decided and was half forced to grow up this past year. But so much has happened and I cant figure out where to begin.

I think its best to start with life now and at some point I'm sure I'll find an appropriate time to reference an event or two from the past.

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know..." Ok, lets be real. I've spent the past 22 years of my life in this blazing desert and I never once experienced a white Christmas, but you get the idea. Its Christmas time and this year more important than ever because I got myself hitched and my hubby and I finally get to start our own family holiday traditions.


We bought our first fake Christmas tree, which Brian didn't love. But come on people, think of the money we will save by investing in this cheap, on sale, Target tree. I'm a little bias because I only ever had fake trees growing up. They look great for years, whereas a real tree may smell nice, but it sheds and lasts a few weeks. Brian thinks I'm missing out on the experience of Christmas by opting out of a real tree, but we found a compromise.

The Bath and Body Works candle that smells just like a honest to goodness, real Christmas tree. 

This marriage thing might not be too hard after all. I mean, if we can compromise about something Christmas related (keep in mind, we put up our decorations November 1st. I'd say we're a little  hardcore), then everything else has got to be as easy as pie. Speaking of pie, I love the holidays and all the yummy treats that accompany them. I'm putting on the pounds just thinking about it. Yummm....

Thanksgiving is a less exciting holiday, but still not to be ignored because of the obvious reason, food. Brian and I spent our turkey day in Rochester, MN. Not only was it our first trip on a plane together, which turned out to be a whole bunch of nonsense, mostly because I booked a flight under my married name while failing to change my drivers license from my maiden name...lets pretend Brian isn't still saying, "you should've listened to me when I told you to go to the DMV"...but it was our first major holiday as a married couple and we got to spend it with my lovely parents at their new home in what I like to believe is the coldest effing place in the world. 



Here we are freezing our unmentionables off, while standing in line for the Black Friday deals at Target, with no particular deal in mind. If my memory serves me correct, it was approximately 17 degrees outside. Mmm...yeah...thats freaking cold. 

But now that Thanksgiving is over its time to focus on the best holiday of the year. "Ring-a-ling, here them sing. Its Christmastime in the city." I can't get enough of the cheery holiday tunes on 99.9 KEZ, the mall is the absolute best place to be (oddly, it makes Brian happy when the mall parking lots are outrageously full and we have to drive around for an hour just to find a spot), and I finally have a reason to drink all the hot chocolate I want. What could possibly be better?

We have already purchased, wrapped and hidden all of my parents Christmas presents. We plan to send them on a scavenger hunt Christmas morning. But we haven't gone shopping for anyone else. What do people want this year? What do I even want? The older I get, the shorter and less exciting my wish list gets. Here's what I've come up with so far:


What can I say, V Mars is my homegirl. 

Super cute toggle coat from Old Navy. 

But thats all I could come up with thus far. Pathetic. What would the 8 year old me think of this? I'm sure she'd be appalled. 

Well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy! So very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more hard core than me! I wish I could have put my Christmas stuff up on Nov. 1. My hubby would have killed me, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.